This Metaflow Sandbox Privacy Statement explains our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by Netflix, Inc. ("Netflix") on this Metaflow Sandbox website and the Metaflow Sandbox itself (collectively, “Sandbox”). For clarity, residents of the EEA are deemed to have acknowledged (rather than agreed to) the Privacy Statement.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of the Sandbox, your interactions with us, as well as information regarding your computer, mobile device or other device used to access the Sandbox. This information includes:
- your activity on the Sandbox;
- details of your interactions with us;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers;
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, and administer the Sandbox, to process your account registration, and to communicate with you. We also use information for: troubleshooting; audit logging; to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and to generate usage statistics.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- The Netflix family of companies: We share your information among the Netflix family of companies as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to the Sandbox; making decisions about service improvements; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide infrastructure and IT services, to facilitate receipt of your Github email address and profile information as part of account registration on the Sandbox, and to analyze and enhance data. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
You must be 18 years of age or older to use the Services. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age requirement
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. Your continued use of the Sandbox after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section below.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
We and our Service Providers may use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide the Sandbox. For example, we or our Service Providers may use these cookies to authenticate and identify our users so we can provide the Sandbox to them. They also help us to maintain the security of our service.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with the Services. We also use these cookies to collect information (such as click-through and other information) about use of the Services so that we can enhance and improve our Services. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
- Analytics cookies: The Sandbox uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google. Google Analytics assists us in gathering analytics and statistical data in connection with the Sandbox. On our behalf Google, processes this information to analyze the usage of the Sandbox, and provide other services related to the Sandbox. If you have any questions or concerns with regard to Google Analytics’ privacy practices, please see policies.google.com/privacy. To opt out, please see tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- How Does Netflix use Web Beacons and other Technologies?
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service Providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as to understand and enhance the use of our service, improve site performance, and monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site. Because web beacons often work in conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons.
We use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to analyze the use of our service.
There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more.
For questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at email@example.com. The data controller of your personal information is Netflix, Inc.
Last updated: 25 November 2019